Wednesday, May 7, 2008

birthday!

its my birthday! im 23 years young, nd my lovely team has been....lovely! they put together a very special birthday breakfast of french toast, scrambled eggs, and orange juice! rare and precious commodities in these parts! i got some wonderful books and journals from my family, which gary has been so graciously holding onto for me, and my roommates put together a very funny card, which was the perfect thing to wake up to! knowing you are loved is the most important thing about a birthday, i suppose. i have no idea what the rest of the day hold, as we are getting ready to leave tonight on yet another sleeper bus (grr!) headed to our very last ministry location! we will be in rayong, on the east-ish coast of thailand, working with a vineyard church for three days, and then its off to the village! and then...debrief!! i cant believe were almost done, it really does seem like forever ago that we started. weve been on this crazy adventure now for 50 days!!! sheesh! theres not much new to report...the old siam was disappointing, it was a bunch of crumbling brick temples, and no one spoke english, our translator wasnt much help, so we had no idea about anything. oh well, we still had fun!
until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I got to hear your voice on your birthday!!!! We will celebrate when you get home.

I Love You!!!
Mom