Monday, January 19, 2009

Today I realized I am an adult

I am 23 years old, I will be 24 in 4 months, but for the first time today, I fully realized my adulthood.
What brought on this sudden realization, something which I should have been attuned to oh, say, 5 years ago??
String Cheese.
Yup. No typo.
String Cheese.
I was eating lunch, and just about finished, halfway through the cheese. I realized that I wasn't stringing it like you so obviously are supposed to, but just, eating it, like 'normal'. Part of the reason is that I didn't have TIME to consume it with the enjoyment that is the purpose of said cheese. All I could do was read my book, and think about all the stuff I have to do today...File some forms, create some spreadsheets, make an agenda for a meeting, run some errands, hit the gym...no time for stringing cheese there!
You can no longer be a kid if you can't string the cheese.
Man.
I'm pretty bummed out.
By the way, String Cheese tastes totally different when you don't string it.
And now 'string' doesn't even look like a word anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahhaha.... i love you. and i want you to know i read every blog you post. i enjoy your serious, thoughtful, and insightful ones; but right now that is the most hilarious blog and i loved it! man. i totally agree about the taste of string cheese when you arent stringing it. its not the same man!

Amy said...

i ate string cheese the other day (the 'kid' way) and thought of you...

Anonymous said...

Peanut Butter with my finger.
Cold Pizza for breakfast
Strawberry jam on my turkey sand.
Butter on the thick part of Pizza
dough.
Raw onions eatten like an apple are a few of my favorites.

Love, Grandpa

ps. Do not grow up to fast, it lasts a long time.

cheap erectile dysfunction pills online said...

Hello, I log on to your blog regularly. Your story-telling style is witty, keep it up!