Monday, June 30, 2008

monday bloody monday

mondays.
sheesh.
now i get why the working world dreads them. its not so much that the weekend is over and its back to work, its that there are simply not enough hours in the day to get everything done!ss
this past year i have been doing different things each season, and every time, every monday, there are just not enough hours in which to start and/or finish everything in. sometimes you just have to let it go. but thats just so hard!
this summer things are especially hectic. but i guess it is all worth it in the end...because friday's are half days!
sheesh.
mondays.

so the end of this summer marks a new beginning season in my life. a big one.
im going back to school...school!
for the last six months i have felt like God has been speaking to me about going back to school, about finishing what ive started, and honoring my parents, for them my getting a college education is a really big deal, and i really want to fulfill their desires.
everything is lining up, and august 16th i am moving home to start school again. going through the process of signing up for classes and talking with a counselor has been interesting, and though i do feel a little bit old to be going through this again, im so glad the time has come to go back to school.
when i first started, i didn't take it seriously, messed around and didn't know what i wanted to do. now that im several years older, im ready to take this seriously, and i am really looking forward to opening my brain and dumping in a ton of information.
there is no one thing that i want to do for the rest of my life, there is just so much out there that i want to experience! i don't think that we were created to do just one thing for our entire lives. there is just so much out there in the world that is ours to take and experience!
all that to say, im pretty sure that the degree i want to pursue (either social science or english lit.) will have nothing to do, at least in whole, with the rest of my life.
i have seen to much of the world to not want to take advantage of the education that is mine for the taking, it just doesn't factor in that i wouldn't receive the education that is so freely open to me.
im looking forward to this change, but im also a little sad at the thought of leaving this place.
new adventure, set before me...im ready!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am truly honored and blessed to have you for my daughter!!

I love you so much,
Mom

Karisse said...

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AW GASH.

I didn't cherish our last moments as roomie's 'cause I didn't KNOW they were our last MOMENTS! AHHHHH.

I will never see you again!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Sorry to your mom who is happy. But I am oh so sad! Sniff.

(who will watch Roswell with me?? aw gash!)