Wednesday, August 6, 2008

transitioning

my life is in a transition. in one week, i will pack up my life. in a week and a half, i will be driving home, back to vacaville, for good. well, for now. i feel like God is calling me home to finish school, and to take part in the ripple effect youth ministry at my church. right now, i am still at the ywam la base, finishing up my responsibilities and commitments here before heading home. for the last month, ive almost felt like ive been torn in two, with half of me at home, and half of me here. im just ready to be home and settled already! im ready for school, to get back in the swing of things, to dump loads of information into my brain too quickly, to take years to process through it all, and constantly be surprised by situations im in that utilize the information i thought i would never even remember. im ready to pour my heart into the students in the youth group, to pray for them and watch God answer those prayers, to get his heart for the ministry and come alongside Gods vision and do my part to champion Gods beautiful people further into their kingdom destinies.
the thing i will miss the most about living here is the community i have with my roommates. most nights we sit in the living room on or lovely pillows we made watching so you think you can dance and working on our laptops. we cry and laugh together, hold each other accountable to the secret things, and yell at each other when we forgot it was our weekend to clean. i love them all, and will dearly miss each and every one!
here are a few photos i found in my computer of us...




roomies at a wedding!
karisse, me, amy, jodi.





amy and i after eating ring pops
at a bachelorette party!




melany and i cleaning our fridge!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

thanks. im sitting at the front desk...crying.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to having you home. Grandpa